This is a job offer from SLB:
This position involves the application of computational thermodynamics to the energy industry. While working with us you will practice and further develop your expertise on thermodynamics applications such as equations of state, activity coefficient models, property estimation, oil characterization, electrolytes, and related areas. The focus of the position is the creation of digital technology for energy transition applications. The ideal candidate has experience with research and scientific advancement but is always grounded to realistic applications and user requirements. The core component of this position is software development, but the position also involves complementary activities such as technical writing, publishing technical papers or patents and customer support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Help identify and organize requirements and produce user stories.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Evaluate alternative implementations and select the one that maximizes the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing; set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools.
- Provide timely corrective actions on assigned defects and issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong background working with scientific software particularly using applied numerical methods
- Experience in software development involving any topic related to fluid modeling such as phase equilibrium calculations, equations of state, property estimation, ionic systems or characterization
- Background in data science or machine learning is a plus
- Ability to work on all aspects of the lifecycle of a product, including design, implementation and testing
- Flexibility to adapt to different programming languages and technologies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience in Python and C++ highly desirable
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Canada, without sponsorship
Schlumberger Canada Limited is committed to workplace diversity and employment equity and supports initiatives to enhance employment opportunities for local workforces and Indigenous Persons.