About the job
We have a vacancy for a PhD position in Soft Matter Physics at PoreLab, Department of Physics, NTNU. The appointments has a duration of 3 years. The PhD student should start no later than October 2023.
The position is organized at the Department of Physics in close collaboration with the Center of Excellence PoreLab.
Duties of the position
In this project the student will study pressure driven and phoretic flows of complex fluids and dispersions through porous media. The focus of the research will be on the investigation of the physical information contained in the fluctuations of flow velocities and local densities. The experimental work will be carried out in close collaboration with Prof. Raffaela Cabriolu, who is an expert in Molecular Dynamics.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and Regulations concerning the degrees of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) and Philosodophiae Doctor (PhD) in artistic research national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant.
Required selection criteria
- You must have a professionally relevant background in physics
- Your education must correspond to a five-year Norwegian degree program, where 120 credits are obtained at master’s level
- You must have a strong academic background from your previous studies and an average grade from the master’s degree program, or equivalent education, which is equal to B or better compared with NTNU’s grading scale. If you do not have letter grades from previous studies, you must have an equally good academic basis. If you have a weaker grade background, you may be assessed if you can document that you are particularly suitable for a PhD education.
- You must meet the requirements for admission to the faculty’s doctoral program.
- You must have experience in experimental soft matter physics.
- Knowledge in computational physics and programming skills is required since the project will demand image and large data analysis.
- Good written and oral English language skills.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with Regulations on terms of employment for positions such as postdoctoral fellow, Phd candidate, research assistant and specialist candidate and Regulations concerning the degrees of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) and Philosodophiae Doctor (PhD) in artistic research national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant
Preferred selection criteria
- Hands-on (lab) experience in experimental physics will be an advantage.
Application deadline: 30.06.203
More information on the position here
Apply for the position here