Open meetings with all the Centre’s researchers are held weekly and, in addition, there are ample opportunities for scholarly engagement within the Centre through seminars and research workshops.
PoreLab Lecture series
The PoreLab Lecture series are held every wednesday from 09:00 to 10:00 in D3-160 in Realfagbygget. Everyone are welcome to join and contribute, remember to subscribe to receive e-mails about these seminars. Subscription: Send an e-mail to Magnus Aashammer Gjennestad.
- December 6th Astrid Fagertun Gunnarshaug, NTNU, will give a talk titled “Single Electrode Entropy Change for LiCoO2 Electrodes“.
- November 29th Srutarshi Pradhan, NTNU, will give a talk titled “Introduction to fiber budle models“.
- November 22th Øivind Wilhelmsen, NTNU, will give a talk titled “The influence of curvature on the surface tension of multicomponent droplets and bubbles“. In addition Jianying He will lecture on “Atomistic insights into the nanofluids transport through ultra-confined capillary“. E2-127, Curie.
The PoreLab Journal Club
The PoreLab Journal Club is a club where we meet every Tuesday at 14:00 to discuss papers within the topic of porous media, chosen and presented by one of its members. All are welcome, and feel free to propose paper to discuss by contacting the administrator Mathias Winkler.
Typically, each participant can voice their view relating to several questions such as the appropriateness of the research design, the statistics employed, the appropriateness of the controls that were used, etc. There might be an attempt to synthesize together the results of several papers, even if some of these results might first appear to contradict each other. Even if the results of the study are seen as valid, there might be a discussion of how useful the results are and if these results might lead to new research or to new applications.
Workshops, seminars, and short courses
- Deformation, flow and fracture of disordered materials
- 1st National Workshop of Norwegian Chapter of InterPore
- The grand opening of PoreLab
Purusattam Ray: Discrete to Continuum: Renormalization Approach to the Fibre-Bundle Model. Institute for Mathematical Science, Chennai, India. 13. September 2017.
Thomas Ramstad: Enhanced Value from Digital Core Images and Models. Statoil. 15. September 2017.